M15Mk1 or A15Mk1 ???

• Hi, I'm new here and would like to build one of your amps !! But I don't know which one to get. I'm just the singer in a rock & roll band ! I have 2 guitars ; fender tele,and a heritage Lp 150 . We play beatles to zz top,blues to rock & roll . What would you think I should get.I like to play blues alot.Give me some help here! I would get both amp kits but I think it would be better for my wallet with just one!!! Great work out there !! very interresting work !! Thanks Royboy

chrome won&#039;t get you home,<br />god gave rock &amp; roll to you, so abuse it !

• Re: M15Mk1 or A15Mk1 ???

well Ijust ordered my first tubeamp kit: A15Mk1! I can't wait to get started on this !! Git ready for some questions But let me get into this amp first!!
    Royboy

chrome won&#039;t get you home,<br />god gave rock &amp; roll to you, so abuse it !

The A15 is a very well sounding Amp. and I think you will find the right sound.

For your kind of Musik I would take the M15! This Amp has the real Rocksound! And for more gain, you can put a booster between Git. and Amp.

That´s my way!:
    Git->Wah-> Booster -> Switch -> A15 and/or -(Booster for change the Phase)-> M15 -> Marshall 1960A Lead. yeah!!!!!!!!!

Picture of my Amps and the Box are here:

http://forum.musikding.de/yabbse/index.p…g47487#msg47487

and on my german-HP (link down here)

greatings, Hatti

Jeder ist etwas Besonderes! Auch DU! Lebe entsprechend; individuell!

Hatti,
    Thanks for the info! I do have a few ??? I am all most done with the amp and now I want to build a box for the amp. What I would like to know is how much space I need from the top of the tubes to the top of the box? You know because of the heat from the tubes. I would like to keep the box a small. Thanks,
    Roy

Hi Roy,

that depends on the ventilation. If you use a vent at the bottom rear of the cabinet just above the chassis and a vent at the top of the cabinet above the power tubes, 5cm of space between the tubes and the top is fine. If you use a grill for the whole rear of the cabinet, 5cm is fine too. If you only have vents at the rear an none at the top I recomend 7-10cm.
    Regards,
    Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the fast responce. The back of the cabinet wil be closed with a grill,the front will be with plexi glass. I want to cut out some slashes in the plexi glass,that should give the amp enough ventilation.
    I know this sounds kind of funny but ,I would like to but a 12 volt light in the cabinet to enhance the tubes a little. I would use a extra power source like from a handy loading station. These are the lights that are used in auto tuning,ex: floorboard lighting.They are low watt tubes that look like mini neon lights. Has anyone tried this,would the lights interfear with sound in any way?
    Thanks,
    Roy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!