Madamp G3 blues vs G3 Rock

• 2 Years ago i bought and built the g3 blues amp.
    It worked ok but i was a bit dissatisfied with the amount of gain.
    I could get almost no distortion out of it.
    I checked , double checked and triple checked my build, i could find no faults. Voltages where close to what it should be.
    With a little boost pedel in front it was alright.

Then recently the g3 rock came available.
    I bought it and finished it a few days ago.
    And i am impressed.
    It can go from clean to heavy distortion at a volume that don’t make the ears bleed.
    Its also more responsive on the tone controls then the blues amp.
    Exactly what i was looking for.

Now i am thinking to rebuild the blues amp and change it to the rock version.
    I think most of the hardware is the same.
    But i have lost my schematics and parts list for the g3 blues amp.

Can anyone here help me with the blues schematics?

• You can download the schematics at madamp.de: http://madamp.de/download/1/Schaltplan_G3_Blues_Rev10.pdf
    The building guide is something around 15€, that's why I won't share mine ;)
    But if you need the buidling guide, try to contact musikding and ask for another copy - if your order is know, there should be a good chance to get a copy mailed :)

The G3 Rock schematic is also available: http://madamp.de/download/1/Schaltplan_G3_Rock_V10.pdf

But Simon is right, it's not a "change 3 parts"-mod :D

Maybe jus get a new tagboard and build it (more or less) from scratch?

• I know its not just a few changes, but chassis, both transformers and a few of the pots are the same.
    So i need to rebuild the turretboard, get 2 or 3 pots and have 2 other tubes.

• ... and most of the parts around the 6N6P and the power supply are basically the same, so it can be done w/o too much hassle. When I've built the second prototype (first one in the G3 chassis) I actually used an old G3 Blues prototype, ripped off the board and the pots and then repopulated the chassis with the G3 Rock circuit ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!